Reply To: Precession of the perihelion of Mercury

Welcome Forums Gravitation Precession of the perihelion of Mercury Reply To: Precession of the perihelion of Mercury

Gyula Szász

Dear Gyula,

Thank you for pasting the picture. I am still trying
to recover from your statement that the Lorentz factor
is an incorrect, special relativistic correction for
gravitational and electric charges. The most important
problem with the Lorentz factor is its infinity at the
speed of light. An infinity that is a curtain both to the
hypothetical black hole and to the microscopic quantum
world. Worlds that may just become visible by a
Feynman-type renormalization….maybe.

I am hoping that my splitting the Lorentz factor into a form
consisting of a purely additive part,

(addition of both ideal scalars and vectors),

and a purely, but speculated “relativistic” part………..will
come to my aid so that we can agree; always with my
primary intent to agree with your theory, “come hell or
high water.” And as of now, the extra factors of my
mathematical objects, I am interpreting as trying to
describe what the energies of bonds must approximate
to achieve longevity and stability. And it is those factors
that contribute to the infinities, whereas the first conservative
factor has no infinity at all.

My effort will usually have the goal that we agree in
some way that I can justify by manipulation of the counters
on my infinite sum and product identities. That is, it’s
treatment is flexible or even correctible on my part.
Sincerely,
Bill Eshleman

Dear Bill,
you must think on the equation of particles motion under the condition that neither the positions, no the velocities of particles are ever exactly known. We can assume that for stable particles the gravitational mass is equal to the inertial mass (they are not composed of any other particles), but the Lorentz factor contain the term v/c and which velocity will you input for v? Furthermore, the interactions between particles are non-conservative interactions. Anyhow, as the equations of motions are derived from an invariant action integral, the validity is given at each velocities smaller than c.
I state once more again the equation of stable particles motion is a covariant equation and it is composed of at least three covariant terms (the interaction term appears two times, the radiation term is suppressed). Covariant means “form invariant” again passive Lorentz transformations, and passive Lorentz transformations mean transformations of the coordinate system. The mass appears in two terms, in the kinetics part and in the interaction part through the gravitational interaction; in both cases the masses of stable particles enter as invariant masses.
If somebody tries to describe composed particles/bodies, in the kinetics part, the so called inertial mass occurs (which is not an invariant) in the interaction term appears the sum of gravitational charges as sum of gravitational masses. The inertial mass incorporates the bound energy. The uncertainty of velocities and the non-conservative interactions remain the same also for composed particles/bodies.
In my microscopic quantum word renormalization a la Feynman is not needed anymore and the particles cannot approach each other infinitely close and they cannot move with the velocity c. Furthermore, black holes do not exist; the space-time is not “deformed”.
Sincerely,

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Gyula Szász.